AD9 Bookbox Spanish

 A couple of technical points.

Accents. Accents are used on (all?) question words, and on some (one-syllable?) words to distinguish them:

  • sí = yes; si = if
  • té = tea;  te = you
  • qué; que
  • quién = who? (interrorgative); quien = that, who (relative)
  • cuándo  = when? (interrorgative); cuando = when  (conjunction)
The full rules are pretty complicated: www.fluentu.com/blog/spanish/spanish-accent-marks

Using the polite (usted) form, the pronoun will be lo for a male or la for a female.

I listened to the three stories on Bookbox. After the first, I realised that I had captions turned on and was reading the English translation as well as the Spanish text. I turned them off, and then was able to concentrate more on the Spanish. I missed a few words, but I got 80% or more of the story. I tried to repeat the phrases, but there wasn't always enough time.

It would be nice to find some similar material that was less clearly aimed at children.

I found this one moving: The Little Pianist:



Comentarios

  1. Las historias fáciles para niños son un buen lugar para comenzar.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sí, ellos son muy útiles para aprender.

    Rob, el video de La Pianista Pequeña es bueno y muy relajante. Gracias por compartirlo!

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario