AD6 The Comparison Villain and "I love you"

The Comparison Villain 

I very much agree with the message of this video. Comparison can destroy the learning environment. 

It doesn't apply only to language learning. I have been trying to learn how to dance. Partner dances like waltz and foxtrot. One of the things that makes it hard for me is that I never learnt to dance when I was young, and most women have at least some experience and seem much more expert. But the man is meant to lead and the woman follow. So I have to lead although my skill is much less than my partner's. Comparison! And yes, the answer is to feel compassion, and use the other's quality as a spur.

"I love you" - A Story, part 1 

Estaba enseñando inglés. Tuve un alumno particular, una mujer de unos cuarenta años, bastante atractiva y muy agradable. Las lecciones iban bien. Tuvieron lugar en su oficina, una habitación grande con una mesa de conferencias y un escritorio. Un día estábamos sentados en la mesa de conferencias y ella fue a buscar algo en su escritorio, detrás de mí. Entonces la escuché decir "I love you". [to be continued]

Comentarios

  1. Me encanta como estáis progresando todos. La villana de comparación puede ir a ... ¡ups! 😜

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario